Sunday, January 30, 2011

I lost over 12 lbs TODAY...

...in luggage weight that is! That is a HUGE accomplishment for me! I have spent the past few days packing and unpacking, just to take out one shirt or a pair of socks hoping that my suitcase would be 5 lbs lighter....finally it is! My one suitcase, hiking backpack and purse hold everything I will need for the next four months...hopefully.   Now, I hope that I am strong enough to lug them across the world to my new home in Port Elizabeth. 

The next time I write on here I will be in SOUTH AFRICA!!! What a crazy concept. 
I leave Tuesday morning (Feb. 1st) bright and early (6:01am..ugh).  I will hopefully be writing soon with stories to tell and pictures to show.

 Please pray for safe travels for me and the rest of my group. Thanks! See you in four months!!!

2 comments:

  1. Laura - immediately when I read the title of this blog post, I knew you were talking about your luggage. Haha. Congratulations on that! :)
    I cannot believe that you are leaving for South Africa in 1 day! Yikes! I hope & pray that you have a safe journey over there. Time is going to fly by - enjoy it! Love, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha time is going to "fly" by. haha I am going to be "flying" on a plane. haha you are a funny one. haha I am guessing you did not mean it that way but I am tired, mixed with over excitement, so I am a little giddy. :]
    Anyway, thanks. I hope you are having a blast. Once I get settled in over there we should set up a time to skype!

    ReplyDelete