Saturday, February 12, 2011

More differences...

-noise...it is always so noisy. This may be because I am not used to living in a big city, but there is always cars and honking and beeps and voices and yelling and birds (which sometimes sound very interesting!) and it just never stops.  I am starting to get used to it though. 
-speed of walking...people walk a lot slower here...it probably has to do with the relative time thing
-random observation I made...the exit signs look different too.  You know, like the ones in buildings to go outdoors...they probably look different depending on where in the US you are but I had never noticed it before haha
-ok so this isn't so much a difference rather just another thing my friends and I have observed....people still seem to be separated by their race…especially noticeable while walking to school…whites walk with whites and blacks with blacks…this may not seem surprising but I thought since the apartheid has ended there would be a little more mixture...even at the rugby games there is a clear line separating the stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment