Sunday, February 6, 2011

What I have realized is different so far:

-driving…you drive on the left side of the road...it is kind of weird but I am getting used to it
-money…they use the Rand… about 7 rand = $1.00…I am finding my mental math skills are not the greatest…but I am getting lots of practice
-time…time is very relative here and saying you will be somewhere in 10 minutes doesn’t mean you will actually be there in 10 minutes…it makes it very difficult to plan things...this is teaching me to relax a little more and live in the moment
-ketchup…it is really runny here and kind of gross tasting…I may be eating my chips (french fries) plain
-MONKEYS..there are monkeys!! We saw some at bush camp and were told that we will see a lot on campus….they are kind of like the squirrels of South Africa (but I like them sooooooo much more than squirrels)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment